Important! Follow the guidelines below for proper tray care. Even minor damage to your tray can lead to incorrect results. Each tray is specifically calibrated to your device.
In the event your tray becomes damaged, a new tray will be required and you will need to return your device for re-calibration with a new tray. See HOW TO - Get a replacement tray? for more information.
We do not currently sell replacement trays on our website at this time.
Before handling your tray, we recommend that you wash your hands to remove any hand lotions, essential oils, or other oils that may damage your tray.
Your reusable tray may be hand-washed using mild dish soap (do not use Dawn Platinum) and warm water or with 91%+ isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol). Then dry with a clean, non-abrasive cloth. With proper care, the tray may be used over 1,000 times.
WARNING: Certain types of essential oils, hand lotions, and solvents can melt or damage the tray. It is a special type of plastic and specially calibrated to your device.
- Please only test with clean hands. Do not handle your tray unless your hands are clean. Certain lotions, essential oils, and other contaminants can cloud and damage the tray. If you can see fingerprint damage then hands were not properly cleaned.
- Adding other materials to the testing tray besides herb-infused oils that our device supports (extra virgin olive oil (EVOO) and coconut (MCT)), butter, or alcohol can damage the tray (i.e., Lecithin or essential oil flavorings).
- We have learned that any coconut oil that is not FOOD GRADE will cloud and damage the tray. Make sure your coconut oil or MCT is food-grade. Topical products contain additives that damage the tray. Those items are not typically listed on the label – so check for a label that says FOOD GRADE or steer clear of “topical use only.”
- Your tCheck tray, if properly cared for, should last the life of the device (roughly 1,000+ tests).
- Hand-wash the tray after each test. See HOW TO CLEAN below.
- If infusion solidifies in the tray before running a test, you will need to wash it and start over.
HOW TO CLEAN: It's easy! When testing is complete, remove the tray from the device and ...
- blot the material using a paper towel to prepare the tray for the warm soapy solution. Don't rub it or scratching can occur.
- hand-wash with mild liquid dish soap (not Dawn Platinum) in warm soapy water using your fingers; or
- hand-wash with 91%+ isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol).
- if you do use a sponge, only use the soft side. Note this is not recommended.
- dry with a clean, non-abrasive cloth. We recommend microfiber without a fabric softener (see below for more information).
WHAT NOT TO DO: Please review carefully as any of the following can/will cause damage to the tray and a new tray will be required.
- We have found that Dawn Platinum can damage the tray so we recommend you avoid using Dawn Platinum as your liquid soap cleaning medium.
- Do not use an abrasive cleanser or a scouring pad – they will scratch the tray.
- Do not wash the tray in the dishwasher, high-temperature water, and dishwasher detergent will deform and cloud the tray.
- Do not place the tray on a hot surface, or in the microwave. Excessive heat can cloud the tray or damage the surface. This includes a heating pad.
- Do not add boiling liquids to the tray.
- Do not use any fabric cloth that was washed or dried with a fabric softener or dryer sheet.
- Do not use Puffs Plus Lotion Facial Tissues to clean or dry the tray. The lotion contained in the tissue will cloud the tray.
- Do not use any solvents that contain petroleum products (i.e., Goo Gone).
- Do not handle the tray with dirty hands. Any essential oils or lotions will cause markings on the tray leaving your fingerprints behind.
- Do not use acetone, mineral spirits, or any other volatile organic solvent.