There are many reasons that a test could show a lower result than what was expected. Here are some helpful tips to ensure a more accurate result.
1. Ensure that the flower is new and not decarbed
2. Ensure you are using the highest ABV alcohol you can find for maximum THCa extraction.
3. Ensure you remove all stems and seeds as these will cause a lower reading than what is projected.
4. Shake the flower and alcohol solution for the full five minutes to maximize THCa extraction.
5. Make sure the alcohol is new as an older product will have less efficacy as a reagent than a new bottle (We recommend 99% isopropyl alcohol for raw flower tests.
6. Ensure there is no electronic interference such as a speaker or other electronic near the device other than your phone.
7. Make sure the device is on a level surface.
8. If a sample that was prepared for testing was sitting for more than 3-5 minutes, agitate the sample to make a homogeneous solution.
9. Raw flower tests will show results in CBV (Compound by Volume). This is the total amount of cannabinoids in a sample. It will not give a breakdown of cannabinoids.
10. Take the average of three tests. The more data points you have to work with will eliminate outlier results.
11. When testing raw flower, use 200mg of flower. This will provide a larger sample size for the device to read.
If you need additional assistance please send an email to Customer Support and provide your order number.