There are some common pitfalls that can occur when testing canna-butter and MCT oil infusions. Here are some simple tips to correct issues when testing these materials.
- Make sure you decarb the flower completely releasing the full potential of the psychoactive effects of the flower.
- Use high-quality, unsalted, butter or ghee, or MCT oil. Any additives in the carrier oil will cause issues testing so make sure it is listed as "food grade".
- When testing the canna-butter or MCT oil, make sure that the material has been agitated as cannabinoids will settle over time.
- Agitate your sample right before testing to be sure the tincture is consistent throughout.
- When testing with butter, make sure it is in a liquid state (not hot) and there are no fat solids in the testing material. Letting butter sit for too long in the testing tray will significantly hinder the process because it will start to cool and solids will form. We recommend ghee as an alternative because it will not harden.