You may be wondering why your decarbed flower infusion is giving you a THC result rather than a CBD result. CBD is testable as either a winterized concentrate test or isolate infusion test. The device will not test decarbed CBD flower or hemp infusions. Please review the testing types and parameters below for your material.
- Decarbed Flower Infusion Test (THC ONLY, will not test CBD or hemp: result up to 15mg/ml without dilution) – choose this option if you used some sort of cannabis plant material to make your infusion. For example, buds, trim, sugar leaf, or shake. Please keep in mind that the tCheck device can only test your infusion if the plant material is fully decarboxylated or activated. Please see our blog article on decarboxylation for more details on what that is and how-to decarb. The next screen will ask you what type of oil was used to make the infusion.
- Isolate Infusion Test (THC and CBD: result up to 15mg/ml without dilution) – choose this option if you made your infusion using some sort of winterized concentrate or isolate. For example: isolate, shatter, diamonds, crumble, distillate, honey oil (hash oil), or crystalline (all must be winterized). Most concentrates you purchase from a dispensary are winterized, meaning that all of the plant waxes, lipids, and chlorophyll has been removed. The exceptions to this are FECO, RSO, and rosin. On one of the subsequent screens, the app will ask you whether the concentrate has been decarbed or activated. When the infusion is made with a concentrate, tCheck can test whether it has been fully decarbed or not decarbed. Sorry, it cannot test material that is only partially decarbed. The next screen will ask you what type of oil was used to make the infusion.
- There may be a bit of confusion between this and the “Concentrate” test. Choose
- “Isolate infusion” if you are testing some sort of oil or alcohol tincture with concentrates mixed into it; or
- “Concentrate” test if you are testing the concentrate directly and not an oil or tincture.
- Raw Flower Test (CBV Percent result up to 40%) – choose this option if you want to test your raw dried flower before it goes into an infusion. In order to use this capability, you’ll need the “Flower & Concentrate Expansion Kit” as it has the precision scale and reagents needed to run this test.
- Winterized Concentrate Test (THCa and CBD Percent result up to 99%) – choose this option if you want to test your winterized concentrates such as isolate, shatter, diamonds, etc. In order to use this capability, you’ll need the “Flower & Concentrate Expansion Kit” as it has the precision scale and reagents needed to run this test.